Collagen is one of the main building blocks of skin and an abundant protein in the body. 75% of the skins support structure is made of collagen. Collagen is found in the bones, muscles, tendons, and skin, of animals. Collagen helps to repair body tissues. In the medical and cosmetics sector, it is used as a repairing agent. The usage of collagen in the medical & healthcare industry to treat diseases has increased due to increasing technological advancements and R&D departments. Factors like smoking, high sugar consumption and aging have reduced the formation of collagen in the body, to maintain the collagen composition of body, external supply of collagen is required in the form of capsules, ointments, and creams. Furthermore, collagen deficiency negatively affects the flexibility and elasticity of arteries thus, increasing the chances of atherosclerosis. Consumption of collagen reduces the risk of heart disease, thus supporting the growth of the collagen market over the forecasted period.
Major Key Players for Collagen Market:
- Baotou Dongbao Biotechnology Co. Ltd. (China)
- ConnOils LLC (US)
- Darling Ingredients Inc (US)
- Gelita AG (Germany)
- Gelnex (Brazil)
- ITALGEL S.r.l. (Italy)
- Lapi Gelatine S.p.a. (Italy)
- Nippi Inc. (Japan)
- Nitta Gelatin (India)
- Nutra Food Ingredients (US)
- Rabj Co. Ltd (Thailand)
- Vinh Hoan (Vietnam)
- Vital Proteins (US)
Market Dynamics and Factors:
Collagen is used to produce gelatin. Gelatin is a protein commonly used to make capsules, cosmetics, ointments, and in food products. Gelatin is a high demanded byproduct of collagen. It is used as a gelling agent for manufacturing different food products like yogurt, desserts, and cheese. Rising demand for these food products due to changing consumer eating habits is expected to drive the growth of the collagen market over the analysis timespan. The usage of gelatin in the food and beverages industry is high. Gelatin is also used in the skincare and cosmetic sector to make anti-aging creams and lotions as it helps in the nourishment of the skin. This growing demand for gelatin in the food and beverage industry, and in the skincare & cosmetic industry will boost the demand for the collagen market.
Collagen Market Report Highlight:
- By source, the marine and poultry segment is anticipated to lead the growth of the collagen market in the projected timeframe. The increasing demand for marine-derived collagen in the healthcare sector like medicine, pharmaceutics, and also in cosmetics is driving the collagen market.
- By product, the gelatin segment is anticipated to develop at the highest CAGR over the analysis period. Gelatin is most often used in desserts, but it is also seen in soups, sauces, broths, and candies.
- By application, the healthcare segment is predicted to have the lion’s share of the collagen market over the analysis period. It is used in drug delivery systems, and tissue engineering for skin regeneration, this uses of collagen in the medical sector drives the market.
- By form, the dry segment accounted for the largest share of the collagen market in 2022 and is anticipated to retain its leading position over the projected timeframe. The dry form of collagen is available in powder form. A single dosage of collagen powder serves higher results than a single dosage of liquid.
- The North American region is anticipated to lead the growth of the collagen market in the forecasted period. In the U.S. collagen ingredient is the mainstream product in the supplements market.
Collagen Market Segmentation:
- Other Sources
- Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Native Collagen
- Food & Beverage
- Other Applications
Customized Report: – https://introspectivemarketresearch.com/custom-research/16213
For this report, Introspective Market Research has segmented the Collagen Market based on the region:
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Million; Volume in Units, 2022-2028)
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
Scope of the Report:
The report encompasses the entire analysis of market size in previous years for major segments and countries, as well as future estimates. The Collagen Market study looks deeply into the worldwide market’s competitive landscape. The study also provides the names of key market players and the methods they used to gain a dominant position in the industry. It also includes useful market insights, dynamics and factors, and market analysis techniques such as PESTEL analysis, PORTER’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, SWOT analysis, BCG matrix, and Ansoff matrix.
Recent Industry Developments in Collagen Market:
- In January 2022, Dongbao Bio created four different types of collagen hand-shredded meat under the “Yuansu” brand, “Yuansu” brand bovine bone collagen peptide powder, and fish collagen peptide powder. The first batch of nine new products, including a protein peptide blueberry juice drink and collagen sodium hyaluronate vitamin C powder, has been released, covering a wide range of categories including nutritional products, health food, and collagen hand-shredded meat.
- In December 2021, Lapi Gelatine announced the acquisition of Juncà Gelatine, a prominent manufacturer of gelatin for the pharma and food industry. This acquisition will strengthen the position of Lapi in the collagen industry as well the company will be able to expand its reach in the European region.
- In January 2021, At the virtual Beauty & Skincare Formulation Conference 2021, Darling Ingredients Inc. announced the introduction of Peptan® Marine collagen peptides by its Rousselot brand. This solution, which is made entirely of wild-caught marine white fish and is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), can help beauty and nutrition brands differentiate themselves and expand their portfolios by providing sustainably produced premium nutricosmetics and nutritional supplements.