If a person with a little knowledge of medical language is most afraid of any word, then it is-cholesterol! The rise in cholesterol worries many people deeply. Cholesterol is a waxy, greasy substance found in the blood that keeps the body’s cells healthy. When the amount of cholesterol in the blood becomes more than normal, then it accumulates in the blood vessels. Because of which the flow of blood is affected. Because of this, the chances of heart related diseases like heart attack and cardiac arrest increase.
When we talked to Dr. Abrar Multani, a well-known doctor of Ayurveda about this, he told that cholesterol forms the wall of our cells, so its less than required amount is also fatal, so the sentence “control it” is correct. In cholesterol, HDL is considered good and LDL is considered bad cholesterol. Dr. Abrar tells Multani that by eating which things you can control your cholesterol.
You can control your cholesterol level by eating these things
- The oleic acid present in avocado lowers bad cholesterol. Avocado oil is also used in cooking.
- Both black and green tea contain powerful antioxidants that lower cholesterol levels. Green tea is slightly better in this case. Be careful not to add milk and sugar to it.
- Almonds and pistachios contain polyunsaturated fatty acids that lower the level of LDL in the blood. That’s why you should eat 5 to 7 almonds and pistachios daily.
- By taking sprouted grains, the fibers present in it reduce the rate of absorption of bad cholesterol from the intestines. Constipation does not occur by taking fibers, due to which the body remains healthy.
- Salmon and tuna fish are a storehouse of omega-3 fatty acids that lower the level of triglycerides in the blood.
- Olive oil is that wonderful oil that the more you consume, the more it will lower your bad cholesterol. It should be used in cooking and eating by putting it on salad.
- Beans, lentils and kidney beans have high fiber levels, so they also reduce raised cholesterol.
- Pineapple is a famous fruit for reducing both obesity and cholesterol. Lemon, orange, apple and pears are also beneficial for cholesterol patients.
- Green leafy vegetables can also make a wonderful contribution in reducing the level of cholesterol, provided you do not eat them fried in much oil. Salad and boiled food is more beneficial.
- Apple vinegar is nectar for cholesterol patients. It should be taken daily in the morning by taking one spoon and mixing it in a cup of water.